Thursday, December 10, 2015

Games for the Holidays 7, 8, & 9

Three more games to potentially put under the Christmas Tree.

King of Tokyo: "Play mutant monsters, gigantic robots and other monstrous creatures, rampaging the city and vying for position as the one and only King of Tokyo!" I think that about sums up why this is on my list. Another one of those fast (30 min play time) family board games with a great premise.  On top of that it's a deck building game simplified that even an 8 year old can play.  I've always been a fan of deck builders, but sometimes I don't want anything too complicated.

Stone Age: Another one on the list with a rarely used premise.  This time out though its cave men and well as the title says play in the stone age.  From what I can tell it shares a lot with Catan, but with the added task of building up your society to new levels of civilization.

Microscope: This is an odd one, but in intrigues me.  Calling itself "fractal role playing" its a full campaign style game built on playing none linear adventures and fleshing out a game or (or even universe) one adventure at a time.  Oh and did I mention there's no GM required.

1 comment: