Friday, February 26, 2016

The Big Conversion (3.5/Pathfinder to 5e)

Before anything I want to remind everyone that were stating a new show called Across the Table and we need your table top question on any system you like.  You can leave questions in the comments or email us at acrossthetableproductions@gmail.com .

Personally I'm not much of a Pathfinder fan.  I completely get why other people love it, but for me it's just a bit bloated of a system for how I enjoy running a game.  That said with the latest Humble Bundle offering a seriously "too good to refuse" bundle on Pathfinder books right now I figured I would take the leap and see if I can officially mine baddies from Pathfinder for my 5e games.

Luckily I'm not the first to tackle this task (honestly Id be surprised if I was) which made my work much easier.  The thing is though, that while there are some tools out there that claim to do it for you I haven't found any that aren't just as tedious as doing it by hand and as for articles about it most have great stuff but aren't listed out in a way I would use them or are super bloated.  With that in mind I WILL be mining articles and bits and pieces and I'm sorry if I accidentally steal some "revelation" someone else had, but for me this is about having a clean simple reference pdf rather than having the "why"s and the "how"s of each step. If you want that I will direct you to the main article I used HERE.

Here is my 2 page PDF: Conversion

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this conversion guide! It is an awesomely useful guide, so thanks for making it!
    Quick question: what/where is that main article you reference with the why/how information? You actually just link to your PDF via "HERE" and below on "Conversion" you link to a slightly older draft of the PDF.
    I ask because I am trying to convert some of Pathfinder's more esoteric stuff, like creature templates and other less common stuff, so the philosophy behind the decision-making process would help me parse out some more general rules.
    (Yeah, I know I'm commenting on a 3-year old post, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Thanks again for sharing results of what sounds like some extensive research).

    ReplyDelete