Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Update

So it's a new year with some new content coming up.  My plan was to post this yesterday, but life with a 2 year old means sometimes the day disappears on you.  Theres a few things coming down the pike so I figured I'd talk about some of them.

D&D
Currently I'm working on the upcoming D&D 5 E game you all voted on building over the last year as well as a few other surprises.  The plan is still to stream the games, but because of this and the technical aspects of it things are still being put together.  I do plan to posting the occasional article about 5E hacks and tweaks, but for the most part I think I have this edition where I like it and now will be getting to talk more about the Ashen Grey setting in a bit more detail instead.

Star Wars
My plan was t post a retrospective of all the Star Wars table top games when Force Awakens released, but life got in the way.  I think I still have a lot to talk about the new FF system as well as the old D6 version, but as of yet there isn't a game set up so I can't make promises on how often I will be inspired to write about it until I'm actively playing again.

Savage Worlds
This is a pretty big year for Savage Worlds with lots of great settings coming out (as usual). My hope is to get my hands on some of them as well as Ripper Resurrected so I can talk about them, but this will be limited to finances.  Sadly my latest ETU game seems to have bit the dust, but I may resurrect it bringing with it discussions about possibly may favorite genre of modern horror/fantasy.

GURPS
I finally got a chance to give GURPS a whirl and really enjoy it though with most "system kits" its more about making the game I like rather than saying everything in it is amazing.  I still think I prefer Savage Worlds if I were splitting hairs, but my players seems to be leaning towards GURPS.  This means that not only will my "review" of GURPS 4th edition be coming, but also fresh articles on how I play with the system as well as ideas I've gained for all systems from it.

And Beyond
I'll be honest, I've been lazy and on a video game kick this holiday season.  I took the plunge and bought a PS4.  I've always been a gamer of all kinds, but I might start talking about games beyond the tabletop from time to time.  This doesn't mean this is becoming a video game review blog or anything, but I feel like it's time to stretch into gaming of all kinds including card and board games too.

No comments:

Post a Comment