Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Looking to the Future

So avid readers might be expecting part two the Gestalt article today and while it's still on its way that's not what today's article is going to be about.  A few weeks ago I had said how the articles on here might dry up a bit and become slightly infrequent since I would be moving and my plate became incredibly full.  Good news is the big move is finally done and hopefully by next week everything will be settled in for our regular posting schedule to start back up.  The slightly bad but more simply "not as good" news is that for the time being my schedule is going to be shifted a bit meaning articles will be coming out a couple hours later in the day.  I know realistically this doesn't affect most of you, but one of the goals I set for myself was for articles to already be up before most of my readers have even gotten to work.  It's a small thing, but as I am a stickler for my schedules any changes to that schedule I like to be made known.



The Real News
Now on to the more fun stuff. A lot of you have noticed the polls at the top of our main page regarding my group's upcoming D&D 5th Edition game.  For those that don't know the plan has always been to start up that game on the new year and bot stream and record it for any of you out there interested in checking it out.  that plan has not changed, but thanks to the move it will not be our first streaming game.  Instead we will start streaming content June 1st.  Some of the shows are still up in the air, but I can confirm three things:

Tuesdays: 12 Games in 12 Months
If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you have probably seen at least one of our 12 Games in 12 Months review articles.  For those that haven't noticed the basic idea is each month my group and I attempt to learn and play a new table top game.  At the beginning of the year the games for this season were voted on and since then things have been going great.  The weekly articles will still be coming, but now on Tuesday afternoons (12:30PM-4:00PM EST) you guys can see us try and decipher rules books, get things completely wrong, and stumble our way through a new game each month.

Wednesday: D&D Home-Brew
If it hasn't been obvious from the "Bogus Actions" & "Gestalt" articles we are big fans of home brewing and 5th Edition has been a blast when it comes to that.  Each week we will be playing through an ongoing campaign in Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition.  The catch is this is also where we will be play testing different house rules tweaking the game in any direction we might think is fun.  The rules can change on any week as we try out new mechanics, but the core of D&D and the campaign itself will stay the same.

Thursday: Savage Worlds
So there isn't a ton of detail to say abut this one yet as we haven't decided on a setting, but one thing is for sure it will be Savage Worlds.  This is easily my favorite gaming system and I've converted most of my group to feel the same way.


The Rest
that's a pretty big schedule, but it's not full.  We are toying with a Q&A show on Mondays as well as a "Round Robin" (cycling GM) savage worlds game for Fridays, but nothing is set in stone yet.
We're still over a month out from our first broadcast, but we'd love to hear from all of you.  Feel free to send in opinions n what you would like to see, Questions we can answer for you, or even fun and interesting house rules for D&D.  We'll be releasing more news and any changes that might happen as they come.

1 comment: